TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Bugs

Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marceALB View Post
I have the same problem!! Then if I do the PostgreSQL update to 8.4.6-1 version, this problem will be solved, right?
There is not an error message since then for me and the computer does not slowed down.

I've tried it 5 times and 3 limit scanned (NL50-NL200 FR-SH).

Last edited by pborisz; 01-21-2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marceALB View Post
But Do this problem is a know problem? Do a lot of people have the same issue?
Yes, after a FTP update a few months ago, scanning FTP with TableScan will slowly increase FTP's memory and cpu usage. Eventually, after a few hours, it will crash. Now that I've fixed PokerStars, it's my top priority to try and fix this issue, but it's very difficult because
1) It used to work fine with the same code
2) It works for many hours and it's somewhat random when/if it crashes. If I make a change and I want to see if it fixed it, I have to let it run for hours before I can see if my change did anything

I did make some small improvements to the FTP, which may slightly improve the issue. The best thing to do right now, is
1) If you are using permascan or autoscan, set your interval to a higher number, at Configure > PermaScan > Permascan Interval
2) If you take a break from playing, restart FTP yourself. This will reset the FTP cpu/memory usage, and then the next time you play it will work well

Quote:
Originally Posted by pborisz View Post
There is not an error message since then for me and the computer does not slowed down.

I've tried it 5 times and 3 limit scanned (NL50-NL200 FR-SH).
I'm really glad it's working better for you I don't think that is the same problem though, because if I leave FTP scanning with no database selected at all, it will still crash eventually, after 10-40 hours