TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Bugs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2010, 07:08 PM

Default slows down computer after xx hours

i think i found another bug, alltough that will be a super hard one.

following happens, after i had tst running for (maybe) over 1hours, the computer slows down to a point, that ps does not accept any input anymore. as soon as i close tst, computer is back on speed.

i have set permascan to like 3minutes or so.

i did set up my computer new yesterday, and the problem appears again (that was the reason why i set up the computer new). alltough the problem disappears when i close tst, it seems that postgresql has a high cpu utilisation. import of handhistories to database via hem works fine without delay, so psql works fine. it just seems the database queries from tst seem to make some problems, after extended period of time.

win7 64bit, postgresql 9 64 (also with 8.x 32bit),
Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Im curious, do you ever use the Player Details window? Or the HUD?

I've left permascan running for days on pokerstars using multiple databases at once without any problems, and I know others do as well, so it's hard for me to think that just permascan would cause that.

But if you close TST and it's fine, then clearly TST is doing some work in the background, and closing it kills the process and gets your computer back to being fine. I think there may possibly be an issue in the Player Details window in the function for getting hand histories, or could it be related to TST's HUD?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandry View Post
Im curious, do you ever use the Player Details window? Or the HUD?

I've left permascan running for days on pokerstars using multiple databases at once without any problems, and I know others do as well, so it's hard for me to think that just permascan would cause that.

But if you close TST and it's fine, then clearly TST is doing some work in the background, and closing it kills the process and gets your computer back to being fine. I think there may possibly be an issue in the Player Details window in the function for getting hand histories, or could it be related to TST's HUD?
i dont use the player detail window, but i use the hud (hem+tst)

not really sure what it is or can be, its a fresh installation for postgresql; i am running it on a ssd on a potent i5, so shouldnt really be an performance issue.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

You use the HUD in TableScan? Or only use HM's hud? Could you try and turn off the HUD in TableScan and see if it still happens, to test it
Old 12-11-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
You use the HUD in TableScan? Or only use HM's hud? Could you try and turn off the HUD in TableScan and see if it still happens, to test it
i was testing this for some time now, and it really seems that its the hud

i was trying it on 9tiles with 2tables each (=18), and as soon as i turn on the tst hud, it slows down considerable. it doesnt slow it to a point where its not possible to work (liek i wrote at the beginning), but there is a noticeable lag, as soon as i turn the tst hud off again, speed is back to normal.

tried it several times on different days, problem is verifiable
Old 12-11-2010, 08:16 PM

Ok well that's a good thing at least we've identified the problem, do I have you on one an instant messenger? If not do you use any of them could you add me?

AIM: ZandryTST
MSN: [email protected]
Old 01-21-2011, 02:21 AM

Hi,

I had a problem that the computer slowed down 10-12 scanning, and When I closed the FTP client, then the following error message stopped.

But after with upgrade one the PostgreSQL the onto 8.4.6-1 version, the problem ceased since then.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pborisz View Post
Hi,

I had a problem that the computer slowed down 10-12 scanning, and When I closed the FTP client, then the following error message stopped.

But after with upgrade one the PostgreSQL the onto 8.4.6-1 version, the problem ceased since then.
I have the same problem!! Then if I do the PostgreSQL update to 8.4.6-1 version, this problem will be solved, right?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marceALB View Post
I have the same problem!! Then if I do the PostgreSQL update to 8.4.6-1 version, this problem will be solved, right?
I would be very surprised if that fixed it, but please try it and let us know
Old 01-21-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
I would be very surprised if that fixed it, but please try it and let us know
But Do this problem is a know problem? Do a lot of people have the same issue?