TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Bugs

Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM

Default TST Full tilt issue, possibly not reading database correctly?

I'm on Vista and have noticed this a few days ago, sometimes when I look at the list of players I'll scan through who they actually are, and I notice some players have VPIPs over 100% which is obviously not possible. This seems to be incorporated into how the table vpip is calculated so the number throws the scan off on a few levels.

Also I'll sometimes scan tables that I'm on and MY stats are off (ex I'm a 15/12 but TST has me as 20/15 over 1.2 million hands when I haven't played that much in my database) - Other times I see a bunch of exclamation points next to players and no stats populate for them. I use HEM

Any suggestions?

Last edited by AbsolutTilt; 02-10-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:17 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

I did make a change in RC3 to the way I was calculating VPIP/PFR with HM. Because HM made a change to the way they calculate it about a year ago, which was causing TableScan VPIP's shown to always be slightly less than in HM. It used to be ((vpiphands/totalhands) * 100) = VPIP%. But they changed totalhands to totalplayablehands, which is totalhands minus hands where someone was on the big blind and it got folded to them. So I'm guessing that's probably causing the issue for you somehow, although everyone I've asked about it has told me it's now a perfect match, so I thought I fixed it up

I could add an option to use the "classic" VPIP instead, that would probably fix this issue for you, but I'm curious to figure out what's wrong. Do you have a recent version of HM, is your database less than a year old? Also, do you have any database filters turned on in TableScan at Database > Database filters? Im thinking maybe I need to look at that, it's possible I didn't take the database filters into consideration when retrieving the totalplayablehands value.

Also, when you see a player with over 100 VPIP, how many hands do they have? You can set the "Known Player" minimum # of required hands at configure > player definitions, I'm assuming those players have almost no hands so if that's the case they shouldnt be counted in the Averages if you put a minimum of 50-100 hands for known players

If you have AIM/MSN/ICQ/Skype could you add me on one of them and we can do a teamviewer session where I'll look in your pgadmin and see if I see anything strange?

AIM: ZandryTST
MSN: [email protected]
Old 02-15-2011, 07:06 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Ok, I've got an update on this issue, someone else with the same problem messaged me, and it turns out in his case, it's a bug with my new method of scanning HoldemManager which only occurs when also scanning a PT3 database at the same time, so I have fixed that bug now, I'm very interested to see if you're having the same problem, because you're using both PT3 and HM databases at the same time