TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > General Questions

Old 06-18-2012, 12:17 PM

Default Price

Acquainted with the prices of your program. You may think that the prices are high? For example compare the amount of information processed and your program of HM. In my view the actual price was used no more than $ 50. And with the price of 80, I think is easier to crack and put a perpetual trial. Your program is several times easier HM, or have delusions of grandeur?

Last edited by 123456; 06-18-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:42 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

I don't know if it's fair to compare it to HM database software, yes HM database software is a great value but they are also a big company owned by cardrunners that sells more copies in a month than I will probably sell in a year

I think a more fair comparison would be to compare it to HM's "table scanner". They sold it for $65, and if you want their server side scanning, it's another 10$ a month. Or compare it to PT's scanner, they only offer server side scanning, for prices between 15$ a month for micro stakes and 35$ a month for all stakes. I think if you try those tools, you will agree that TST is a much more powerful tool, and a much better value than either of them, and I think I have probably spent a lot more time developing TST than them as well

Also you could consider that there are lots of other smaller programs that sell for $50-60, for example notecaddy, or tableninja charges 50$ for each site. I think you would agree that TableScan Turbo is a more difficult project than those?

It might be hard for you to believe, but before I released 1.0 for sale, almost everyone I talked to told me it was way too cheap, most told me I should charge more, and make it like a 1 year license only. But I really wanted to make it affordable for everyone, so I went with the prices I have always promised since I first released TableScan. I really think if you use TST properly, it should pay for itself within the 30 day free trial, and it is very +EV
Old 06-18-2012, 11:38 PM

what do you think the EV of this software is for you over a lifetime license of $80?

Also Zandry kept it in beta and made it perfect before going to version 1.0, and even then allowing a 30 day trial.

HM table scanner did the exact opposite and I wasted however much that software cost.

I see a big difference in downloading a movie or TV show from a torrent that you otherwise would not buy, but in this case isn't it painfully clear how not paying and screwing over Zandry's 3 years of work with no pay is wrong?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 AM

anyone who is complaining about the price beeing too high has absolutely no idea about how your overall EV increases with TST. i guess zandry could have charged even double the price and it still would have been +EV to buy it.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 AM

I have absolutely no problem with the price of TST. As mentioned above Zandry made this available for free for a very long time when it was more than ready to be sold. I also have a licence for HEM Tablescanner and basically wrote it off as it didn't/does not work most of the time. Any time sites make a minor or even major update Zandry is on top of it and TST is ready in a jiffy.

There is a microstakes option, which I appreciated
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 AM

I think the price is ok but i play in Boss (TST doesnt work), Lock (TST doesnt work) and Merge (5 player bug without turning off the ClearType or using the Classic Windows Style).

I'm waiting Zandry to fix the 5 player bug and to add Revolution Network support to buy it.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I think the price is ok but i play in Boss (TST doesnt work), Lock (TST doesnt work) and Merge (5 player bug without turning off the ClearType or using the Classic Windows Style).

I'm waiting Zandry to fix the 5 player bug and to add Revolution Network support to buy it.
+1. Honestly not your fault Zandry but merge and revolution pretty much fucked everything up with the timing of their new software's. The 30 day free trial hopefully gives enough time to clear some things up. Honestly though the price is fair, TST is the best scanner on the market as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Thanks guys Well I have heard from a pretty reliable source that they are working on moving the playerlist on merge to the right side and getting rid of the big tournament listing thing on the left, so that will definitely result in great merge scanning once again. I'm ready to start working on revolution but I just heard that they are releasing a new lobby in "a few weeks", is that true? And I'll have to take another look at boss too, I think last time saw it I felt like OCR (screen scraping) would basically be impossible because of the varying font sizes but I didn't try dll injection and I have gotten much better at that recently
Old 06-24-2012, 11:07 AM

I want to buy the program, I have no problem with the price, I think it's a good program but I play in Revolution Gaiming ): I hope TST fix the problem soon I have only 30 days of trial ):
Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 AM

Thanks liz, I'm working on it