TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Suggestions

Old 01-25-2012, 05:42 PM

Default Color for fish and export to notes for stars

The software is excellent and I will happily purchase a copy.

Could you please add the following feature. In the fish definitions allow a color to be selected for color coding a player in the Stars note system.

Then in one of the right click options, please add an option to color this player in the the notes.

So suppose we want a Clownfish to have a green ring. In the clownfish definition there should be a drop down menu with the pokerstars colors to allow the selection of green.

Then later in the scan results there should be an option to "mark this player".

The idea is when the table comes up, one can see immediately if the fish is still there.

PS I know there is competing software which does this, it just takes hours.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

I have already thought a lot about this and there is a good chance I will do it in the next 2 months, but it might take hours for TST to do it as well, because it has to go through every player in your database. Unfortunately the pokersites only load the playernotes file when you first open them, you can't do "live updates", so the best way is to just generate the whole file beforehand.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:26 AM

The point is to do this *only* for fish found in a scan. So once the scan is done, no more access to the DB is needed. We dont really care about marking everyone.

TT turbo can already interact with the client, cant we add a note by doing that instead of changing the .xml file?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

That's a very interesting idea you have there, but I think it's very unlikely that it would be possible to do that

One thing that might be possible is if I had TableScan use the "Edit Player Notes" window in PokerStars and keep telling it to add players there, but I guess that would probably steal focus and be kind of annoying. Also I think most users would find it pretty confusing

Edit: Maybe a good way to do this would be to make a new notes.xml, then TableScan can open "Edit Player Notes" and then "import notes" automatically. It would still steal focus but you could set it to just do it every 30 minutes or something and it would be much less annoying than the previous idea
Old 01-26-2012, 06:01 PM

If tablescan could generate the notes which the user can then import by hand should be enough.

Last edited by 30slou; 01-26-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM

Just out of curiosity, would importing a color overwrite any existing text notes?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30slou View Post
Just out of curiosity, would importing a color overwrite any existing text notes?
I don't know the answer to that, I will check it out. Anyways I do have the ability to import the notes file in TST so it wouldn't necessarily matter
Old 01-29-2012, 04:32 AM

Just to add to this discussion: if you implement anything like this please also implement the ability to filter players based on their color code. f.e. sth like "whale" is everyone who has a green note or sth like that, or starfish someone with vpip between x and y and colorcode blue..
Old 01-30-2012, 08:32 PM

I will definitely be implementing a lot more features with the player notes, like automatically assigning a fish icon or buddy/whale/regular/block icon for a certain color, and probably filtering by a color and also scoring by a color
Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 AM

I have NoteCaddy with HeM2, who auto-color-note on demand, it takes about 5 minutes with intense CPU usage to color-note my 16k players (quad 2.3, 8Go ram, win7 64bit).

The feature I expect the most for TST, it's to use PS colors in filter, because I'm a color-coding addict