TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Bugs

Old 09-21-2011, 06:11 PM

Default Closing

-Windows XP
-error both with pokerstars and partypoker
-PT3

During the scan after 1-20 minutes of working the program just closes. If not scanning it is not closing
Tried to reinstall several times and installed new net.framework
Help please
Old 09-21-2011, 08:41 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Can you add me to AIM/MSN/ICQ/Skype, and I will help you figure out the problem

AIM: ZandryTST
MSN: [email protected]
Old 09-22-2011, 10:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Here's some other ideas I posted for someone else with the same issue. Please do try to contact me on AIM/MSN/ICQ/Skype if you can, I would very much like to figure out what is causing this all the sudden. The fact that it's happening on both pokerstars and partypoker implies to me that it is a database problem for a few people, possibly caused by me upgrading npgsql to a newer version

- What version is your postgresql?
- Try downloading and running this fix.bat (with tablescan and stars closed): http://www.tablescanturbo.com/files/ftpfix.zip
- Could you go in Database > Manage databases and uncheck all your databases, so you have no active database. Then leave it running for an hour or two and see if it crashes. That would help me determine if it is a database issue
- If it works with no database, you might want to try changing the "host" of your database from "localhost" to "127.0.0.1"
- Could you turn on "verbose logging" at help > logging. Then each time after it crashes, go to C:\Program Files\TableScan Turbo\logs and make a copy of lastscan-verbose.log and email it to me. Make sure you get the log file before you scan again, as it will get overwritten on every scan so it doesn't get too large
Old 09-23-2011, 09:30 AM

Ok, I believe I have figured this issue out, it was caused by my commandtimeout variable being set too low, that's why it's just happening to a few people, all PT3 users or Elephant users. Somehow it would cause TST to crash when the database query timed out, my best guess was the older version of npgsql was ignoring the commandtimeout variable and that's why I never saw it until I upgraded

First, try this update:
http://www.tablescanturbo.com/files/...e-RC4-b6-3.exe

And tell me if it works. Once you've determined that it works, I want to suggest there is a very simple way in TableScan to make your database results way faster so you never would have experienced this problem, go in TableScan to Database > Manage Database and Edit your database. There should be an option "Scan results from player cache only", make sure that this is checked. This will make your database results way faster. But, if you're willing to test the above version for a few hours before you change that setting, it would be very helpful to me to know if the problem is fixed or not
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM

I changed localhost and updated scanner, and i already work for 2 hours with no crashes, so ty for help.

tables:9
players:89
time:331s
(party)

i think before update it was faster but no so fast as i wanted

is this time ok? sometimes 600s.

Is this a problem of my hardware? Can a better computer improve speed?
Old 09-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekitor View Post
I changed localhost and updated scanner, and i already work for 2 hours with no crashes, so ty for help.

tables:9
players:89
time:331s
(party)

i think before update it was faster but no so fast as i wanted

is this time ok? sometimes 600s.

Is this a problem of my hardware? Can a better computer improve speed?
9 Tables on partypoker should take 5 seconds or less than for tablescan to actually scan out of the lobby. For example, if you go in Database > Manage databases and uncheck all your databases so you have no active database, then scan and see how long it takes.

So it sounds like its just taking forever for it to get your database results. If you're using PT3 it would definitely help to go in Database > Manage Databases > Edit Database and turn on the "Scan results from player cache" option, this will make it way faster. You might also want to experiment with the option "Give TableScan threads highest priority" in configure > advanced settings > performance, try turning it on or off and see if it has any effect.

I wouldn't imagine it could take 330 seconds to do 80 players even on a really slow computer with a huge database, so I don't know I'm very confused that is a very long time As I said it should take about 5 seconds at most to scan 10 tables on partypoker
Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 PM

"Scan results from player cache" option - the scan is fast but i do not have enough information
Give TableScan threads highest priority" is on
Without active database? the scan takes 10 seconds. I really have huge database with ~1 million hands or more so i guess this is the reason.

I thing i should delete unuseful hands somehow, but i dont know how.
Could be another decision?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 AM

Quote:
"Scan results from player cache" option - the scan is fast but i do not have enough information
Give TableScan threads highest priority" is on
Without active database? the scan takes 10 seconds. I really have huge database with ~1 million hands or more so i guess this is the reason.

I thing i should delete unuseful hands somehow, but i dont know how.
Could be another decision?
If you just go in PT3 and update your cache, then it will go way faster, and you will have all the stats. Its in the "Database Housekeeping" window I think. 1 million hands is not that huge but if you have a slower computer and youre not reading from the cache then that would be pretty slow i guess.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:48 AM

Hi again. It scans 1000 players and 100 tables for 50-100 seconds.

I use HM2 and did database optimization full

Is it ok or can be faster?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Hi again. It scans 1000 players and 100 tables for 50-100 seconds.

I use HM2 and did database optimization full

Is it ok or can be faster?
100 tables in 50 seconds is pretty good, in 100 seconds it's not that good, the question is, is there any database lag, the way you can tell this is in TableScan, when you scan, does the # of tables and players keep up in the "Status" panel, like does it say 50/50 tables or does it say 25/50 tables and then catch up at the end?