TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Suggestions

Old 06-14-2012, 01:34 PM

Default Here is how I use tablescan

The program does not appear to be designed to be used in this way, so I thought you might benefit from knowing that several people I know use it like this. This should let you optimize the program better, even though it is already excellent.

Run a big database of hands. filter out all players under x vpip and playing more than x tables. Set autowaitlist to join tables with whales, buddies, and players over 60vpip.

Continually bulk PTR search everyone who comes up in the players list. Mark players as buddies if they are huge losers and whales if they are marginal losers. Add everyone else as a regular so they don't appear anymore.

The reason to use the defined types like this is because there are many huge losers that are not easily distinguishable from marginally bad fish with similar stats, other than by looking at their PTR loss rate. The problem is that this could be much better with more types. For example, when someone comes up that ptr has no hands on, I am unsure whether to add him as a whale or regular, and I can make an error if I add him as reg and then he turns out to be a fish, but if I add him as a whale then autowaitlist makes me sit with him. This can be solved with more types, or with a right click menu option that tells autowaitlist to not sit you with a guy for a few hours or a day. It would also be much better for me to be able to have types for -100bb+ losers, -30 losers, and -10, but I only have 2 types to do it with now.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:42 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Thanks for your suggestion, I have been planning to add more defined icons for a while, I will try to do it soon

But here's some suggestions for some things you can do now:

1) for -100 bb/100 losers, you can change the "Losers" column in Configure > Player Definitions. Then it will have a count of how many players at each table are -100bb losers. You could also make another custom player definition for # of -30bb losers and another # of -10. Also check the option "Exclude regulars and blocked from this column". Then you could set up your autowaitlist filters accordingly

2) while waiting for me to add some more defined icons, there is one thing you can do that will help you to remember a player for later, and that is to give him a custom score. If you don't have it on already you can go to Configure > Settings > Shortcuts and turn on the option "Edit Score" in the right click player menu. Then, instead of having to choose between whale and regular, you can just right click > edit score, set his score to 100 or whatever you want, and then it will show 100 for him in the score column and you can decide later which icon to assign to him
Old 06-14-2012, 04:25 PM

Could I use the "edit score" as a replacement for the whole system, and make autowaitlist join tables that have a player with 100 score?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:03 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Yeah, you could do that
Old 04-18-2017, 11:10 AM

I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me!
upsers

Last edited by owlsarepretty070; 05-14-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:35 PM

Is their any way to upload videos ??

HDPE Tarpaulins | Silpaulin Tarpaulin

Last edited by krishna mehra; 04-19-2017 at 10:38 PM.