TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Bugs

Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 PM

Default HUD slows down Stars

Hi,

i know there has been issues with that, but currently the HUD is just not usable for me.

as soon as i turn on the HUD, the pokerstars client starts to slow down by a magnitude of like 5x or 10x.

after i click an action button (fold,...) it literally takes 1 second or so until the next table actives. when i turn of the hud it works immediately. i am using HEM parallel.

i am playing 4x4 tiled with a stack of 6each.

computer speed shouldn't be a problem (I7, 8GB, Dual Monitor on GT210, Win7 x64).

is there any known tweak, performance improvements? its a pitty i cant use that feature. i am having this problem for some while now over several versions.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:36 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

I have an idea for a completely new way to show the HUD on top of other windows, which I think is going to be wayy more efficient, I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet, but it's one of my top things I want to do right now.

For now, you could try this build:

http://www.tablescanturbo.com/files/...date-RC4-b.exe

I made this for someone else who has the same problems, it has an option "Delay" in the HUD > Configure HUD > Appearance menu, which you can increase and according to him it removes the lag completely, although it makes the HUD "flashy" the higher you set it. I didn't make it save the setting since it's kind of a workaround which I don't want to keep so you have to reset it every time you open TST
Old 04-02-2011, 08:53 AM

I just started using table scan turbo today and I really love it But I have the same problem with HUD I also have very powerful computer and using your HUD makes it unplayable.

Cheers
Old 04-02-2011, 09:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Good news, I developed a completely new method for keeping the HUD on top of the tables which is WAY more efficient and doesn't have any of these issues. It doesn't work well for cereus and has small refreshing issues on partypoker, so it'll just be an option in the next update:

HUD > Configure > Appearance > HUD Mode: Embedded
Old 04-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Here is an update you can try the improvements i've made to the HUD

http://www.tablescanturbo.com/files/TableScanTurbo_Update-RC4-m.exe

There's a new option, in HUD > Configure HUD > Appearance > "HUD Mode"

There's two options:

"Hovering" - this is the current style of the HUD that tablescan uses. Please try this one first and let me know if you find it to be any less laggy, I have made some big improvements I think

"Embedded" - this is the new style of the HUD that I added. It actually tells windows that the HUD is literally embedded inside the table, so TableScan does almost no work to keep it positioned. But on PartyPoker, it will have a flashing effect, unless you make sure to put it in a "blank area" of the partypoker table. It will only flash if it's placed on top of a player name, or on top of the table, or a button on the table
Old 04-04-2011, 12:56 AM

works absolutely perfect, no issues whatsoever.

one favour for the hud, is it possible to remove the BLANK after the " : ", for some reason TST does it automatically and it just makes it a big larger then necessary. the BLANK after the key figure is obv fine
Old 04-04-2011, 06:33 AM

Is that the "Hovering" mode or "Embedded" mode that's working perfectly for you?

And yes, you can remove the space and the ":" as well, in HUD > Configure, choose the stat you want to change on the left, and then on the right there is a field named "Prefix", which has the whole prefix, including the space, (for example "F: ") so you can set it to whatever you want, or no Prefix if you prefer
Old 04-04-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandry View Post
Is that the "Hovering" mode or "Embedded" mode that's working perfectly for you?

And yes, you can remove the space and the ":" as well, in HUD > Configure, choose the stat you want to change on the left, and then on the right there is a field named "Prefix", which has the whole prefix, including the space, (for example "F: ") so you can set it to whatever you want, or no Prefix if you prefer
embedded if working perfectly

yep, i know, the prefix stuff, used it also, but when i remove the blank after the ":" the blank is still there on the hud.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:40 AM

I have a problem with Embedded mode playing in a room of Party network, Azartia Poker (I think that it works like Party). Poker software crashes when I use this mode while I'm playing for a time. If I use another method software goes very slow.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marceALB View Post
I have a problem with Embedded mode playing in a room of Party network, Azartia Poker (I think that it works like Party). Poker software crashes when I use this mode while I'm playing for a time. If I use another method software goes very slow.
I'll try to see if I can figure out why the embedded mode causes party to crash, that only happens on party, that's why I made the embedded mode not on by default. Party is different in that it will try to redraw on top of the HUD when it's embedded.

The hovering mode itself should not cause lag but I believe when it is used at the same time as HM/PT3 hud, it can cause lag because both HUDs use the exact same method and are trying to be directly in front of the table, but oddly it only causes problems for some people