TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > General Questions

Old 03-10-2010, 12:09 PM

Default Players highlighted in blue

I noticed in a few of the scanned tables the table column is highlighted in blue. Also is it weird to see no fishes at all, or players without profiles. Am I missing something?? Thanks. This is my first day on the site. Just trying to figure it out. Have a great day.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:16 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

I think you mean the table player count is highlighted in blue? That means that there is an open seat at the table.

To get stats from a database, you need to add your Holdem Manager, Poker Tracker 3, or PokerStrategy Elephant database to TableScan. If you don't have one of those database applications, then here are the links:

www.holdemmanager.net
www.pokertracker.com
www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/

And then you need to import your hand history files into the database software. Once you have imported hand histories, the database software will build statistics on all the players who participated in those hand histories. The stats TableScan uses are just the most important ones, here's a brief description of what they mean: http://www.tablescanturbo.com/faq/#4

If you need more help add me on AIM/MSN/ICQ/Skype and I can try to explain more tomorrow
AIM: ZandryTST
MSN: [email protected]
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandry View Post
I think you mean the table player count is highlighted in blue? That means that there is an open seat at the table.
It's a good idea to highlight tables with empty seats. Unfortunately, it's not working correctly. Please see the attached image.

NB. thanks for the great program.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue.jpg (37.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-22-2010, 05:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Go to Configure > Color Profiles
Do you have the option "use my full ring definitions for all tables" checked?
If not, go to 6max > # of Players, and it should say from 0-5 = blue, I do not think there is anything wrong with it
Old 03-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Go to Configure > Color Profiles
Do you have the option "use my full ring definitions for all tables" checked?
If not, go to 6max > # of Players, and it should say from 0-5 = blue, I do not think there is anything wrong with it
No, it's not checked and it does say 0-5 = blue in 6max > # of Players

I've noticed that if you select a table which is full, i.e. 6/6, but nonetheless highlighted in blue - in the middle part of the screen there are always less than 6 players shown. It varies from 2 to 5, but never 6. If you'd like I can make a screen shot, you cannot see a light blue highlight when a table is selected, but you would still be able to see that it says 6/6, but displays less than 6 players.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:23 PM

Oh, then I guess what is happening is that in FTP it says 6/6 but when you actually scan it its just 5/6, i didn't know that was possible on FTP, but I will look into it
Old 03-22-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Oh, then I guess what is happening is that in FTP it says 6/6 but when you actually scan it its just 5/6, i didn't know that was possible on FTP, but I will look into it
This looked like a possible reason, so I did some testing.

First of all, while browsing tables manually in FTP I've noticed that sometimes it takes a second or even longer for player list to be displayed. So I changed selection speed from fastest to slowest in TableScan Turbo. And did more testing - I would start a scan and as soon as highlighted 6/6 table appears I double click it and check the players. It wasn't long before I've found a 6/6 table with 1 in waiting list for which TableScan Turbo only had one player in the list.

May I suggest, that if reading players yields less players than it says in the lobby, you try to reread players, if it fails again - you start over by rereading lobby (maybe someone has actually left while player list was being displayed).
Old 03-23-2010, 02:41 PM

Well, I think you have a problem that is unique, as I have never heard it or seen it myself, and I do actually have checks in the code to make sure that it is scanning the right table.

Also selection speed does make a difference for every site but it makes the least difference for FTP scanning speed, just fyi.

Add me to AIM/MSN/ICQ/Skype and I can look on teamviewer

AIM: ZandryTST
MSN: [email protected]
Old 03-23-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Well, I think you have a problem that is unique, as I have never heard it or seen it myself, and I do actually have checks in the code to make sure that it is scanning the right table.
You might have misunderstood me. I'm not telling the program scans wrong table. It just gets incomplete player list sometimes. Tried it on Stars - seems to be less frequent than on Full Tilt, but still happens. Notice in the attached image that 6 is highlighted and player list only shows 5 players.

It seems highly unlikely that it is only happening for me and on both Stars and Full Tilt. I think you should be able to reproduce it, just scan a lot of tables and then look for highlighted 6s and/or not highlighted lower numbers.

NB. actually I found one table with not highlighted 5 in Players column - sure enough the player list contained 6 players

Quote:
Also selection speed does make a difference for every site but it makes the least difference for FTP scanning speed, just fyi.

Well, after Full Tilt it seems that a scan takes ages on Stars. And Stars lobby is incredibly annoying, I have chosen to have it moved off screen during scan and you move it down. I'm still not sure what causes it, but the lobby frequently gets moved to top covering the taskbar and preventing me to select tables which are waiting for my action. I will try to figure it out. For now I just wish I could define off-screen window position, so I could move it to the right for example.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg highlight2.jpg (83.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 PM

Sorry for the delayed response, I wanted to test it out more before I responded again. I have tested for over an hour today with FTP, just letting it scan and looking for the behavior you describe, and I have not been able to reproduce it a single time. I tried it on Slowest, Fastest, etc, I haven't seen it once. And there are a lot of people using this software for FTP, and not one of them has ever told me that they have observed that behavior. Of course I believe that your problem is real but I do think its a rare bug, which is probably more a bug in your FTP client than it is in my program. As I said if you have time/are willing to let me look on teamviewer, I would be very interested to see it.

I am thinking, maybe your connection to FTP servers is bad, so it reads in the table as 6/6, but the list is not being updated frequently enough, and it's already 5/6, or in the time that you have to wait for the player list to load, someone has left, and now there's 5 players? But you are also saying, sometimes it will read in 1 player, but there's actually 6 at the table when you go open it?

Conversely, with PokerStars, it definitely is possible, and it is a known "bug", what happens sometimes is that PokerStars lobby says 6 players, but then when it loads the list it's actually 5, or sometimes it'll say 5 players, but there's actually an "R" in the list. And TableScan is just showing what it read out of the lobby, so yes that is something which I can definitely fix