TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2014, 09:17 PM

Default Java headaches

At my wit's end with this. None of my Ongame clients will run any more, for no good reason. They install just fine; they just won't connect to the server when I try to log in. My JAVA installation also appears to be F'd up, and I think that my Ongame woes are b/c it requires a healthy Java installation (right)?

Anyway, Java claims to install correctly, BUT the Java verification tool just shows an empty grey box...IOW, no Java applets will run, even though it says it`s installed properly.

A Google search reveals that a ton of people have this problem, and it has something to do with conflicting versions of Java or a version not uninstalling properly or something. Only problem is that NO fix works for me and Im going crazy, and also cant play on Ongame. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java a million times. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled Ongame clients too. Nothing works.

Some people have claimed that you have to not only uninstall Java itself but ALSO any programs that use Java in any capacity...and it dawned on my that TST may be one such culprit. But I dont really know, and i dont want to just go uninstalling TST and HEM2 when NOTHING else has worked yet.

So Im asking whether you know much about Java, and about whether you can suggest any fixes, and also chime in on whether thats whats preventing me from logging into Ongame clients.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

TST doesn't use java, it just used the java access bridge API. Also ongame doesn't need java to be installed on your computer to run, it comes with java, I don't actually have java installed on my computer but never had any trouble opening ongame. Maybe try uninstalling java?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandry View Post
TST doesn't use java, it just used the java access bridge API. Also ongame doesn't need java to be installed on your computer to run, it comes with java, I don't actually have java installed on my computer but never had any trouble opening ongame. Maybe try uninstalling java?
ok, thanks.
Java won't install properly, and i've followed damn near every troubleshooting guide i can find online. have tried every permutation of uninstall / reinstall i can think of.

But given that you say it's probably unrelated to my ongame loading problems, i'm not quite sure where to look anymore.